Shun Premier 4" Paring Knife w/Tsuchime Damascus Steel Blade
Free Shipping Included! Shun Premier 4'' Paring Knife w/Tsuchime Damascus Steel Blade by Shun at BK Walkers Cafe. MPN: TDM0700. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The paring knife is an indispensible kitchen prep knife. For peeling, trimming, making decorative cuts, or even for chopping small foods like
Features & Highlights
- Many Shun cutlery lines are characterized by the beautiful Damascus on the blades. Shun´s Damascus is formed by layering different types of metal alloys together, then forging them into a single piece. The process-and the different characteristics of the layered metals-create the rippling patterns in you see on the blade.
- In Japanese, tsuchime (Tsoo-CHEE-may) simply means "hammered" and you will see actual hammer marks on a tsuchime-finished blade. This finish does two things: gives the knife a look that is reminiscent of the handcrafting techniques of ancient Japan; and it creates tiny pockets of air that act as hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag and quickly release food from the blade.
- Because of the hard, premium steel from which Shun cutlery is made, the blades can be thinner, lighter, and sharper. A thinner edge cuts more easily by putting less stress on the edge-so fewer strokes do the job. Thinner edges are easier to control as well, making cutting smoother and, once again, relieving stress on the edge.
- Shun´s handcrafted Japanese knives are sharpened to a precise 16° angle on each side of the blade (for double-beveled blades, this means a comprehensive angle of 32°). For comparison´s sake, European-style blades are generally sharpened to 20-22° each side for a comprehensive cutting angle of 40-44°.
- Due to the premium-quality steel we use for the cutting core of our blades, Shun´s incredibly sharp edge will nevertheless last an incredibly long time before resharpening is needed. Experience shows that with Shun you get extremely sharp edges that last an extremely long time.
|Model:||Shun Premier 4" Paring Knife|
|Item Weight:||0.01 pounds|
|Item Size:||4 x 2 x 2 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.2 pounds|
|Package Size:||4 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches|