Dining room furniture, in many cases, is some of the last furniture than many people purchase for their home. They may have inherited some old furniture from friends or family, or they may have acquired a table and mismatching chairs from a yard sale just to get by until new furniture is bought. Eventually, many people decide that it is time to get dining room furniture that they actually like and suits their individual style.
Refurnishing your dining room is a big decision that often takes much time and commitment. Unlike living room furniture that wears out and needs to be replaced every ten years or so, dining room furniture, if made well, can last a lifetime. There are several benefits to refurnishing your dining room and the most important is the ability to share a meal with friends and family in a r.oom that makes you feel comfortable. Dining room furniture also lasts a long time and you can pass this down to your children or grandchildren. Another benefit is the ability to change the style of your house and new furniture is a great for making this happen.
Are you ready to trade up from your existing dining room set and invest in some matching dining room furniture? If you are still unsure, perhaps knowing why new dining room furniture is such a good investment can help you make up your mind.
* Investing in quality dining room furniture can save you money in the long run. By spending the money on well-made furniture that lasts decades, you should not have to purchase new furniture five years from now when all of the rungs have fallen off your chairs. Dining room furniture is a long-term investment and this is why you should carefully choose which furniture is best for your house.
* Dining room furniture that is both a functional and fits your style is an investment for your family. When you have functional furniture, you are more likely to have family and friends over for meals. Perhaps you have never hosted a holiday meal before because you did not have the right furniture or enough furniture to make everyone comfortable.
* Purchasing new dining room furniture may be just what you need to start hosting family and holiday meals. Many memories are made and relived around the dining room table. The memories that can be gained with new furniture are well worth the investment.
* Quality dining room furniture can be an investment in your children's future. Furniture is often passed down to family members and this can eventually lead to the need to replace it. By purchasing, new, quality dining room furniture, it can help ensure that the furniture lasts for decades. You may even be purchasing furniture that can be used by your children or grandchildren one day. If you invest in quality, timeless, heirloom quality furniture, you children might not need to buy replacements for their hand-me-downs.
* By investing in dining room furniture, you could be investing in helping your home become free from clutter. Dining room furniture is more than just a table and chairs. China cabinets and buffet cabinets are common pieces of dining room furniture. Most of these cabinets come with ample storage space that can help organize your room. China cabinets often have special drawers to hold your silver wear. Extra sets of dishes, linens, and candlesticks can be stored in either piece of furniture. There is usually extra space to store items that may have gathered on the dining room table.
* If your current dining room furniture is dull and uninspiring, it could be costing you money in an area that you have not considered. If you do not like your current table and refuse to use it for meals, it may cause you to eat out at restaurants more frequently. By purchasing dining room furniture that fits your style and makes you and your family comfortable, you will probably end up eating at home more often, saving you from spending money on costly restaurant bills.
When choosing your new dining room furniture, remember that whatever furniture you choose can help set the tone of your dining environment. Furniture that is formal and ornate can set a formal tone. Furniture that is casual and clean helps to set a more comfortable tone.
When you buy new dining room furniture, you are not only investing in some pieces of wood and glass. You are investing in your family and friends by providing them with a place to come and share a meal with you, a place to make and share memories, and a place to gather for holidays. Of all the reasons to invest in new dining room furniture, that may be the most important. To add to these benefits, the furniture also provides a new look to your room.
A dinner party with close friends is the perfect way to unwind over the weekend. But if things are getting boring and repetitive after several such parties, we recommend hosting a themed dinner party. Themed dinner party ideas
French dinner party menu:
For appetisers, try baked and puffed Brie, caviar, onion soup or cheese puffs. For entrÃ©es, go for Chicken Cordon Bleu, onion pie, veggie terrine, Coq Au Vin and lots of baguettes. Choose desserts such as crÃ¨me brÃ»lÃ©e, raspberry sorbet, or almond clafouti.
Mexican dinner party menu:
You can't go wrong with guacamole, beef and cheese quesadillas and, of course, nachos with beans and cheese for appetisers. For the main course, try tortillas stuffed with chunks of meat and cheese, and serve with rice and beans, or fajitas and mega loaded burritos. For dessert, our pick is flan, no contest!
Italian dinner party menu:
Opt for antipasto and sautÃ©ed escarole for appetisers. Risotto primavera, chicken marsala, beef lasagne, or simply pasta with meatballs and marinara sauce make for the perfect main course. It's hard to pick a favourite from among Italian desserts but our top picks would have to be gelato, tiramisu and spumoni.
Indian dinner party menu:
Serve samosas or chicken pakoras with mint-coriander chutney or kebabs for starters. Follow up with some delectable lamb or shrimp curry served with basmati rice or vegetable biriyani. You could also opt for chicken tikka masala served with naan bread. Kulfi, gulab jamun or kheer are perfect for dessert.
Themed dinner party hosting tips
It's perfectly okay to request guests to bring along one food item (entrÃ©e, dessert or wine) in keeping with your theme. That way, the entire burden of planning the menu won't fall on you. However, we recommend arranging the appetisers yourself so you can set the mood right from the get go. Here are some additional dinner party hosting etiquette:
Welcome and greet each guest at the door and thank them for any gifts or food that they bring with them.
Spend time talking with each guest and also make sure everyone gets to mingle.
Encourage guests to go for second (and third!) helpings.
Table setting guide
Make sure that the dinner table is big enough to seat all guests, unless the plan is to have an informal buffet-style dinner. Use a white tablecloth and stainless steel cutlery because they complement every possible theme. Add a colourful floral arrangement and coordinated napkins for a stylish finish.
A themed dinner party is a fun way to spend a weekend evening with friends. Don't go overboard, keep things simple and enjoy your evening.
Buying a party canopy tent is a great investment. They are an affordable way to cover the area in which people are celebrating, so events can be organized without regard to the weather. If a few raindrops fall or the sun is beating down on the area, it is no cause for concern because party canopies keep the celebration dry and shaded. There are several occasions in which a party canopy tent would come in handy, especially when an event needs to go off without a hitch. Canopies lessen the anxiety over uncontrollable circumstances and provide a safe, covered area in which to enjoy a party or gathering.
One of the most common uses for a party canopy tent is for a wedding reception. Weddings are planned months, and sometimes even years, in advance. There is no way for a newly engaged couple to know what the weather will be like when they set a date for their big day. If their hopes are to celebrate their nuptials outdoors, there needs to be a built-in safeguard to ensure their celebration will not be ruined by the weather. Not only do party canopies protect from the rain and hot sun, they also provide cover for food. Nothing is more unappealing than serving guests food that is tainted by the presences of bugs, birds and other pests. The canopy provides coverage over the buffet or sit-down meal so food stays clean and edible.
In addition to providing coverage, a party canopy tent also enables couples to decorate the area in which they will be celebrating. If a wedding reception is held in the open outdoors, there are very few decorating options available. With party canopies, couples can add lights, balloons, streamers, banners or anything their heart desires. If they are going for a classy, elegant look, small twinkle lights can be strung from the canopy. If they want something fun and festive, balloons and streams can be tied to the canopy. No matter what they have in mind, a canopy makes it possible.
Party canopy tents are great for other occasions, too. If a family is planning a celebration and they are hoping to have it outdoors, a party canopy comes in handy. Anniversary and birthday celebrations are planned around the actual date. If party planners want adequate attendance, they need to send out invitations a couple of months in advance. Again, there is no way to predict the weather weeks in advance, so a tent protects party guests from being rained on or melting in the hot sun. A party canopy tent is a fail-safe way to prevent a party from being ruined by the elements.
One of the benefits of using a party canopy tent at an event is the number of people that can fit under the tent. For large events such as family reunions or corporate parties, there is no need to worry about squeezing too many people into one space. In an indoor space, there would be a specific limit to how many people can attend. When party canopies are used outdoors, larger groups of people can fit comfortably into the space. Though the space is covered, there is a feeling of openness because the event is still held outdoors.